Sunday, May 15, 2016

Disturbingly Disposal E-mail Addresses

Welcome back for my Week 9 post!

Do you love spam?  I know I do!  Actually, I really don't know because my spam filter gets rid of most of it.

I only have one personal, one business, and one school e-mail address.  So, 3 in all.  Amazingly, I don't see all that much spam...except for what my Gmail filters out that I peruse through on occasion. All that aside, there is much to be said for creating and maintaining an arsenal of disposal e-mail addresses.

If you sign up for more than one service out there, you are bound to come across a company who has no problem selling your e-mail to Hank, the lowly Burger King employee.  Hank will gladly send you spam in hopes you will click on a link of give him a million likes on Facebook.  Nothing against Hank, but ain't nobody got time for that!

Using a disposable address for signing up for site is a great way to not care about what random correspondence you get.

This also clears up your main e-mail to make sure the cookie recipe from Mom doesn't get lost in the crap!

Thanks for reading...if you don't normally look at my references, please look at the second one about responding to a spam e-mail.  It is totally worth the 10 minutes.

REFERENCES:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=disposable%20email%20address
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QdPW8JrYzQ

No comments:

Post a Comment